U16's‎ > ‎U16 Posts‎ > ‎

Eynsham Youth vs Bure Park Juniors U13 - Sunday 11th Jan 2015

posted 11 Jan 2015, 11:16 by Dave Tyrrell   [ updated 11 Jan 2015, 11:16 by Graham Keeble ]

A chilly but dry afternoon saw the return fixture against Eynsham Youth. The first game against Eynsham had been Bure Park's first game of the season, and the Blues had played with only ten players, and had eventually lost 5-3 despite leading twice in the game. It was therefore going to be interesting to see how the teams fared with equal numbers.

The match started at a good tempo, and Bure Park had an early chance when Luke flicked narrowly over after a low corner from Tommy.

However, at the other end Eynsham's number 10 was causing Bure Park all sorts of problems, and was finding lots of space. In the 6th minute Sam was lobbed with a good shot, and then in the 12th minute Eynsham's lead was doubled when they finished well from a cross into the box.

Bure Park did not let their heads go down and on the 20th minute William played a long pass in to OJ who took a good first touch, and ran in from the right to finish well, bringing us firmly back in to the game.

The Blues were playing with a bit more belief now, and four minutes later William again played a lob in to OJ who ran on to score.

The first half finished 2-2 with an excellent come back from the lads.

The second half started again at a good tempo, and on the 39th minute OJ warmed the keepers hands.

Three minutes later and OJ again found himself one on one with the keeper after good work from Aiden. The Eynsham keeper made a good save to tip the ball round post.

From the resultant Tommy Mansley corner, a goalmouth scramble ensued with OJ finally dispatching the ball home, and Bure Park had the lead for the first time in the match.

On the 40th minute it looked like Luke was nailed on to score, but the ball was deflected wide for a corner.

On the 55th minute Bure Park opened a gap with their opponents, when Luke played in Aiden, who passed to OJ who finished to take the score to 4-2 (and the fourth goal for OJ).

A few minutes later and Zac joined the score sheet after some more great work from Luke, for 5-2.

Bure Park were now firmly in control of the game, really working well together with some lovely passing. Eynsham looked like they might pull one back but Sam made a fantastic save.

On the 64th minute Luke played a marvelous through ball to Aiden who had a one on one opportunity with the goalie. Unfortunately his first touch just took him a bit too close to the keeper who came out well.

Aiden however then won a penalty after being pulled down in the box. Zac stepped up to shoot low and into the right hand corner and take the score to 6-2.

Zac Penalty

In the final minute it looked as though one more might be on the cards when a goal mouth scramble fell to Tom D but he shot narrowly wide.