U16's‎ > ‎U16 Posts‎ > ‎

U13s vs Hook Norton - 30th November 2014

posted 30 Nov 2014, 13:32 by Dave Tyrrell   [ updated 30 Nov 2014, 13:32 by Graham Keeble ]
Today saw the return fixture against Hook Norton. The first encounter between these two sides was an entertaining game back in September which was quite close at stages, although Bure Park finally won 6-3.

The match was played in pretty good conditions - we had switched to Pingle Field (and a pitch in good condition), and the sun was out.

Bure Park made the more positive start, and opened the scoring as early as the 3rd minute with a move which saw the ball moved from our back line to the front. Tommy Mansley played in Joe Mimpress, who gave a one-touch pass forward to Owen James. OJ burst through the Hooky defence, took the ball past the keeper and passed in to the net.

It looked as though Bure Park were going to very quickly double their lead, when Aiden Holliday had his legs taken from under him as he burst into the penalty area. Zac Willis stepped up to take the resultant penalty, but pulled the ball wide.

A moment later and again it looked as though Aiden had scored but the goal was ruled offside.

Bure Park were applying all the pressure, and finally got their just rewards from a ten minute spell when the ball seemed rooted in the Hooky half when Callum Walsh volleyed superbly in from a Tommy Mansley corner on the 14th minute.

Stung by the two goals they had conceded, Hook Norton then started to apply some pressure themselves, and the Bure Park defence suddenly found themselves pressed in to action. Oscar Honour was making it difficult for Hooky to gain any kind of advantage from their corners, heading away superbly. He then made a fantastic defensive tackle to stop a break down their right flank. Down their left flank, Lochlan Colquhoun and Tom Dalton were working hard to break up Hooky attacks.

Hook Norton were battling hard to get back in to the game, but Bure Park were about to take the game away from them with two terrific goals, one from each wing.

The Hook Norton goalie cleared with a high kick from hand, but sensing he had time, Tommy Mansley trapped the ball instead of heading it back. Tommy started to travel but as he was closed down by Hooky defenders he passed the ball out wide to Luke Munday. Luke held up the ball well and Tommy made a great overlap run behind him. Luke sent him down the left wing and Tommy crossed to Aiden, who struck on the volley and sent the ball past the keeper for three nil.

While we were still discussing this lovely passage of play, the ball came in to the Hook Norton penalty area from a cross from the Bure Park right wing. Luke chested the ball in to the air, span around to his right and hit the ball on the volley with his left foot, sending the ball over the keeper and into the net to applause from the Bicester half of the crowd. A wonderful goal.

The second half saw a step up in effort from Hooky. They were quicker to close us down, and started to get their passing game going. For once the game was being played in Bure Park's half, and the light-blues were struggling to get the ball away. Too often, our players were getting caught in possession, trying to dribble through players when simpler passing options were available, and Sam Gauld was getting pressed in to action between the Bure Park sticks.

However, this effort from Hooky was giving Bure Park the chance to attack on the counter. Zac drew a great save when their keeper tipped over bar, but then from the resultant corner he scored a great goal dribbling round several players in the penalty area before shooting low and to the left of the keeper for five nil.

Zac wasn't finished however, he then scored another, this time a 25 yard screamer into the top right after Hook failed to clear their lines.

Ethan Cavill was making some great tackles at right-back, having swapped with Lochlan who moved in to midfield.

However, credit to Hooky who had battled hard in the second half, and finally got one back, breaking through the Bure Park defence and shooting well.

But, Bure Park were still not finished. A cross from Lucas Davis was adjudged to have been handled by a Hook defender, and the ball was again handed to Zac. This time Zac made no mistake and the ball was thumped into the net, past the diving hands of the goalie, for a second-half hat-trick and a final score of 7-1.

Man of the match was awarded to William Tyrrell, for a composed defensive display.

Match attendance - 41. Quite a number of WAMs (wives and mums) were present at Pingle Field today, which was surely unrelated to the close proximity of Bicester Village.